Information about COVID-19 is ever changing. As the time of publishing this information, this was the most current information available. For the most current information available, please see the important links below.
Eureka Community Unit School District 140 is committed to the safety and well-being of our students, staff and families. As a part of that commitment, we work closely with other governmental agencies to prepare for crisis, including pandemic preparedness. On this page, we have posted information regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Be kind! As COVID-19 continues to spread in communities in the U.S., worry, anxiety and fear can lead to stigma toward certain groups. Stigma and discrimination can create fear and anger that is misdirected at our neighbors instead of at the disease itself.
What can parents do to protect their family?
- Parents should take the same precautions they would for any common cold or flu.
- Family members need to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. (Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are also effective).
- Hands should be washed before eating, after using the restroom and when you come inside from outdoor activities.
- Teach children to keep their hands away from their mouth, eyes and nose.
- Cough and/or sneeze into your elbows or a tissues, not your hands.
- Distance yourself from anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Encourage healthy habits, including eating a healthy diet, exercising and getting enough sleep.
- Do not send students to school when they are sick.